Efficient tax planning frequently enables taxpayers to minimise future tax liabilities and an important aspect of Loucas’ work is involved with ensuring that our clients pay no more tax than they need to.
Areas in which effective planning can reduce liabilities include:
- Offshore Trusts. These can be an important tool in mitigating tax liabilities and asset protection.
- Stamp Duty Land Tax. With advance planning it can be possible to liabilities.
- Inheritance Tax. This a source of considerable revenue to the government. Inheritance Tax is sometimes referred to as a voluntary tax and careful planning during your lifetime can avoid much of the liability.
- Capital Gains Tax. If you are intending to dispose of capital assets, for example, share holdings or properties owned in addition to your main residence, careful timing and planning can ensure utilisation of annual exemptions, projected losses and any available lower and basic rate tax bands.
- Going to live abroad? Dates of non-residence can be crucial to your liability to United Kingdom taxation.
Talking to us before you make your plans could help mitigate your liabilities.
Timely professional advice from a tax advisor is essential in tax planning and mitigation. Contact Stuart Shaw on 01622 758257 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.